Help, please: elkcoon

ETHELBERT

Elite Cafe Member
elkcoon.jpg
my very 1st picture and I am totally red in the face right now.
this is probably the worst execution of an elk on metal that has ever been posted. I will keep trying. All help would be greatly appreciated. I use an optivisor but tried an 8x magnifier for the eyes, what a disaster:eek:
thanks for all of your help. Billy Jo aka:ethelbert

Andrew Biggs

Hi Billy Jo

No........not a disaster.

This is just your first picture, that's all. Rome wasn't built in a day.........just keep at it and take what you have learnt from this one to the next. Every journey starts with the first step.........and that is what you have taken. :)

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
There is room for you to improve, but those antlers are nice - it is hard to draw them on an angle like that. Good job and keep drawing.
Gary

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the only thing wrong here is your attitude, dude ! it's not perfect, but the fact is you have attempted. that's what brings your grade up a few notches. your next one will be slightly better. # 20 should be absolutely gorgeous !

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Whoa! This ain't bad!

1) You've done a great job of rendering a likeness of an elk that anyone could easily identify it.

2) I think that the lighting used for the photo may be the culprit here. Try shooting it with the light on different angles until you get a better, more representative shot. Then remember that setup for future shots.

3) If this doesn't help, try recutting the areas that would add more contrast. There are no values here that show any contrast or depth. Deeper and wider cuts render darker values.

I did a little Photshop to add contrast to some areas that recutting may improve (I hope you don't mind.).

Attachments

• Dirle Elkcoon.jpg
    Dirle Elkcoon.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 42