Engraved fighting knife "Steppe"

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
Hey folks!

My apologies, I did not prepare bright cut tutorial photos. I'll make them in a few days. For now, I wanted to put this up for your judgment. It is a Damascus steel blade (7.5") fabricated and engraved silver bolster and backup. The handle is purple heart wood. I'd love to hear everyones thought and opinions.

Attachments

• Steppe.jpg
    Steppe.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Steppe1.jpg
    Steppe1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

beegee

Elite Cafe Member
I like it! Is there a name for this specific type of deep bright-cut high-relief engraving? Did you make the blade?

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Beegee. I still haven't came up with a name for this technic. The Damascus steel was forged by Bill Howard from the Howard Academy for the Metal Arts, there I tought engraving. I just changed the shape of the blade. The rest was done by me

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
OH MY, OH MY!!!
Just looking at the detail boggles my mind and fills my soul with awesome appreciation. Unreal!!

chris

hi
dmitry
that is really one reall smick job the bright cutting is unbelevably deap allmost looks like you nearly went though the material is it done with a normal flat bright cut chisel or something else if you dont mind me asking just buitiful chris thank you

Dmitry Martinov

Elite Cafe Member
Greetings Dmitriy,

Impressive cutting and as the result beautiful knife. If you are making such a deep relief engraving you can try russian traditional "chochloma" ?:)

Latest posts

Sponsors