Engraved stuff

Tdavis

This is the last firearm I engraved in 1984 or 85. I am looking forward to a full blown gun job soon. The earrings and half dollar ring are from last month.

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tim,

Very nice! I think I detect some Ray Viramontez influence in your scroll style. Did you know him when he lived in Ohio?

Roger

Tdavis

Yes Sir

Yes, I had been struggling for about three years when I discovered Ray living in Beavercreek so I beat it over to see if he could help me with a few problems which he did. I still sharpen my main cutting tools the way he showed me if fact he threw me one of his point to me and told me to take it with me to copy and I still keep it with my first engraving book by Geoffrey Casbard. I have always wondered if he just wanted to get rid of a pesky upstart? '-)
Tim

Ozgraver

Very nice work in deed!

Can I ask; what sort of graver is that in the foreground - the one with the wooden handle? It appears to have a cast stem with some sort of spring steel clip and a separate graver. Is it some type of quick change system?

Tdavis

Graver handle

The wooden handled graver holder is a very old Lancaster that I bought from a jeweler off e-bay in a set of five others and is indeed a quick change type. This type has a notched spine underneath that the graver rests against and then you simply slid the retaining sleeve on and snug it down. I think you can still by this type but not sure were.
Tim

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
Tdavis; You can get them from Rio Grande, and there sold as EFB set. I think that most of the large supply houses, as Gesswein, Cas-Ker, Alpha, and Otto Frei carry them.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey guys,

Am I going blind? What's happening to the pictures? This is the second thread I've looked at tonight that is missing the photo. What's up?

Mark

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mark,

I'm not seeing anything either. Yesterday I thought it was because I was at work and behind the Firewall of Idiocy but now I'm here at home...