Engraved Turnbull TAR-10 SHOT Show Rifle

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
It sold for $136,024.00 !!!!!

Here's something unique. A carbon steel AR-10 with a wooden stock built by Doug Turnbull and engraved by Adams and Adams. :cool:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322196026

Last edited:

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Chris
Humm not to be a ahole but a assault weapon is select fire, I know you know this just to clarify the term. Happy prosperous New Year everyone

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
a salt weapon will kill you through high blood pressure.

That Turnbull TAR-10 might also raise your blood pressure- hold it in your hands and study the artisanship up close and you might get very excited, heart pumping...

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
A rare and interesting piece, and very well done.

The AR lower and upper make a large, bulky canvas, but the layout here makes it look more graceful. I wonder if anyone has engraved an aluminum alloy AR.

That forearm must be quite thin and fragile. Long ago I saw a burl-walnut stocked early M-16 .223 at the Rockford Armory. This is the only other wood-stocked AR I have seen.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
In House engraving

Roger,The engraving was done by John Adamsm Sr. or John Jr.It's a shame Turnbull would'nt use Tom's to do the engraving.:confused: J.J.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There have been several of these type weapons done for various "dictators" around the globe. Husein had an engraved and gold plated one, Qaddafi had an engraved one. Several have been produced for our drug cartel leaders to the south of us. Most of the engraving seems to come from what used to be called "eastern block" artists. They show up on the Internet from time to time. The fanciest one I have seen pictured was from Mexico and was solid gold. Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors