Engraver in CT?

aeromax

Hi there! I just joined this forum to see if I could research anything for myself. I am not an engraver, and don't aspire to be, however this stuff simply blows me away. I'm a graphic designer, but I can't even fathom doing artwork like this.

Cutting to the chase, the reason I'm here is that I'm in the process of putting together an engagement ring for my lovely lady. I'd really like to start with a plain 18k gold ring, and have some scroll work or ivy/floral pattern hand engraved onto it. I emailed Sam Alfano to get an idea of what he charges for something similiar to what I want. However, I'm a bit skeptical at sending a ring around in the mail to be engraved, not out of a safety or trust concern, but becasue I'd really like a face-to-face consultation to make sure I get exactly what I want. So, that being said, does anyone know how I could find out if there are any fine jewelery engravers in my area? I live in southewestern CT. Thanks for any advice!

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Aeromax,

I would (not discounting engravers in your immediate are of course) check Mr. alfano's schedule and see if he will be in your area. Meeting him would be definitely worthwhile.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon Engraving Saying

Weldon reading your engraving saying reminded of an engraving saying from another engraver I met at GRS.

"Engravers scratch for a living, woodcarvers just chip away."