engraving on the head of a pin

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam Alfano did the pin, Eric Gold did the screw head. That is a nomal US dime (10 cent piece) shown for reference.

For the curious in the crowd, I might mention too that both pieces were done some years ago with GRS Gravermax's using older/bigger handpieces once again showing it ain't what you got, it's how you use it that counts.

Attachments

• dime.jpg
    dime.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Unbeleivable!!!!! You're right about it's how we use the tools and not the tools themselves that make a difference. You've only got to look at the photos of the work on this forum to see that. All using a wide variety and different configurations to acheive the desired results.

So did the pin head engraving ever catch on? :)

Cheers
Andrew

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
If you lost that needle in a hay stack you would want to go ahead and find it. The pictures don't do justice on how small the engravings really are. Brian Marshall showed me a casting of a screw Eric Gold did, could have been the same screw, but anyway you can hardly see the elephant with the naked eye. Both pieces are really amazing. Thanks for posting them Scott. Brian

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
pin heads & stuff

Sam Alfano did the pin, Eric Gold did the screw head. That is a nomal US dime (10 cent piece) shown for reference.

For the curious in the crowd, I might mention too that both pieces were done some years ago with GRS Gravermax's using older/bigger handpieces once again showing it ain't what you got, it's how you use it that counts.

you know, i used to be " kind of full of myself". then i come on the forum and see stuff like this, and then i
sort of shrink a little, the more i look at this ! i'm almost ready to say this can't be done, and yet there it is !

Latest posts

Sponsors