Engraving Stand

Tdavis

This is something I came up with because I like to stand and sit and like to give my back a break as I am sure many folks like to. It's just a bench drill press stand with the head removed. Works better that anything else I ever tired. Instant adjustment.

Last edited:

Tdavis

Thanks

Yes, I do have a goodly number of "quackers " that like to hang out in the stream but it makes it easy to do mallard studies in the wild.
Tim

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tim,

I like your work station as well. That bay window is great! With my shop in the basement I sometimes get "bunker fever." I have to keep a flashlight handy 'cause if the power goes out it's like a tomb down there.

Roger

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
great concept bench. even better way to destrain your eyes. beats the heck out of my 4 little walls.

Tdavis

Bench

Gentlemen,
Another advantage of this setup is that I not only crank the table up and down as needed when needed it allows me to slowly move the table around as the light changes during the day.
I have to tell you I started engraving in a spare closet when my kids were small so I know the four walls feeling well.
I might mention that this setup is not the best for barrels as you my have guessed. I have another home creation for that. ;-)
Tim