epson printer question

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
I have a c66 and wanted to know where exactly the nozzles are? I asked a guy at microcenter yesterday and he said they are in the ink cartridges but several on here say they are in the printer. Helpme!

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They are in the carriage, not the ink cartridge. I just threw mine in the trash and I bet I haven't put 2 ink carts in it before it dried up. I read somewhere a link to how some guy cleaned his, it may be here in a related thread. I decided to buy a different kind.

Before I tossed it, I took it all apart to save some parts to make things out of and found the thick felt in the bottom of it is the most useful part. I cut a piece and put it into a short jar and put my graver lube on it.

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
Tim, thanks, I tried cleaning it with alcohol on a qtip and it still wont print.
What a pain in the a$$ and expensive too. epson sux.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think I went through 5 of those printers. I quit buying Epson for that reason. If you don't print something everyday the print head gets clogged. I tried everything even taking the head out and putting it in ultrasonic cleaner. My advice throw it away and don't even waste your time.

BJREBUCK

Wow, that's interesting, I have an Epson 1280 that I got in 2002 with my computer.
I got it mainly for printing photos. Never had a problem like this, even though it sits
for months at a time. It prints great photos as well as plain paper stuff. Never has clogged
I'm wondering if this model (1280) is different somehow?

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
BJREBUCK, Like you, I have an Epson (model CX5200 three-in-one) that is about four years old and never misses a beat if used every day or sits unused for a month.
But my CX5200 won't print good transfers. I think that's what Tim H wants.
Does your Model 1280 print good transfer transparencies?
I had the same clogging problems as the other folks with the Epson C66 and C86 that I bought for transfers.
I think the difference must be in the formulation of the different inks they each use.
John B.

BJREBUCK

Hi John, I've haven't tried the transparency film with it yet, so I don't know.
I'm still at the cut, smoke, lift with tape and move mode as the late Terry
Wallace taught me. I'm still at the beginner level so I haven't the need for
real accurate transfers. I think you might be right about the type of ink
used in the cartridges for the different models.

Latest posts

Sponsors