First post with pictures

GaryW

OK guys I've been hanging around here for a few months now so I'll introduce myself and give a little background. My name is Gary Perkins, I live in the low country of South Carolina ( for you guys in the upper mid-west and northeast, I was outside in short sleeves today). I've been a custom jeweler and hand engraver for close to 40 years. Most all of my engraving is commercial stuff, lettering on jewelry and holloware etc. I did some gun engraving back in the 70's but never could make a go of it. Something to do with competing with McKenzie, Prudhomme, you know, guys like that. That was also the last time I cut steel. I don't have a suitable camera, and truthfully most of my work is not worthy of taking pictures of anyway. However, I do have the photos of the rings I made few years back for the Altadis cigar rep. Those are included here. I hope to be able to some work for myself that I can post for you to look at. Meanwhile, if there's anything I can help anybody with on the jewelry fabrication/ gemstone side, I would be more than happy to help. That's where my real talent lies now anyway.

Thanks for letting me talk, and I'm glad to be here.

Attachments

• Engaving sample001_2_edited.jpg
    Engaving sample001_2_edited.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 280

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome GaryW! We're glad you are here. :) The cigar rings are excellent. It's a neat idea!

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome Gary. The Opus X is not only my favorite cigar it's also my favorite cigar logo. I've been wanting to put it on a custom business card holder for years but haven't gotten around to it.
Great job, please post more of your work.

David

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome to the forum Gary. The rings look fantastic! don't cut yourself short.....Ron S

Latest posts

Sponsors