First post.

pol

Greetings all.
I have been lurking on this site for some time now, and thought it was time I exposed myself :). There is a very nice tenor and friendliness in the discussions on this board and in the time I've been watching, haven't seen too many heads bitten off. So I'll be brave!
I'm not new to engraving, but haven't practiced much in the years since I started learning (about 1988).
Mostly lettering. All push graver.
Until I came across this site (& the Lindsay site), I hadn't imagined using anything other than 90 deg. for a point tool. 120 deg. gravers are something of a revelation! But I still love my square.
I have been a jeweller for the last 23 years, but gave it away a few months ago. I am determined to continue with engraving, as it (together with setting) was the one aspect of jewellery work that I loved and was asked for too little. I still need a lot of practice before I will even consider putting myself out there for commercial purposes.
In the meantime I will engrave for gifts for family & friends as a means of practice. Like the bookmark in the pic attached.

- Steve

Attachments

• BookmarkA.jpg
    BookmarkA.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 228

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome Pol!

We work very hard to have this be a friendly place where everyone is welcome - and we're glad you have introduced yourself. Your book mark is cool. It's a great idea and very personal too. Thanks for joining us. :)

pol

Hi Dave,
The bookmark was sawn from a piece of 0.5mm silver sheet.
- Steve

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Pol, welcome to the forum. your style is very classy like the Cowboy said kinda Victorian.
Kent

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
I especially liked your letter design. Very nice.

Ed DeLorge

Would you have an extra vigor's vise you would like to sell, would you?

If so give me a call 985-223-0206

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
Steve - The bookmark turned out very nice. Engraving a design that is symmetrical and having it look that way when you are done is not an easy task. It appears as though you accomplished this. I also really like the letter "A" with the leaves intertwined.

Mike