First try with tips from Reno

James Wark

Ok, This is the first line cut animal I have attempted in a very long time. I tried to follow Marty's demo from the Reno seminars. I see where I have some errors in animal anatomy, and learned a lot from this practice piece.
They should only get better with more practice. Sorry for the poor picture, engraving about the size of a quarter. The image came from a beautiful floorplate engraved by Mr Dubber and sold by as a casting. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

Attachments

• 1007.JPG
    1007.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 171

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
your drawing, though not perfect,for a 1st isn't really that bad. the only reall problem you have here will heal in time with practice.

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
James,

Thats looking good. One piece of advice I would give is to get your images from quality photos, so the only distortion will come from your hand. If you start with an image that has been engraved or drawn there will most likely be some distortion from the original artist, and then compounded when you render the image. Just something to keep in mind. - Brian

Andrew Biggs

Hi James

It was great meeting you in Reno. Marty's seminar was good wasn't it!!!

Brian has given you some very good advice there about the photos. Also read what I wrote in the thread about the 1874 Sharps http://www.igraver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2380

You are doing well and you're quite right........each peice is a learning curve and lesson all by itself that you can carry over to the next item you engrave. The big thing is to keep going and keep learning. Step by step you'll get there!!!!

Cheers
Andrew