Forum Administrator/Author

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Tira,
I just got my new FEGA magazine. Great article. You are truely a woman for the 21st century. Congrats.

Sandy

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes, tira- i was not there. but your story made me feel as though i was looking over your shoulder every step of the way. thanks for a great story.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Enjoyed your article!

Thanks for sharing your experience at the Grand Master in the FEGA newsletter.
I was just about to start a thread expressing how much I enjoyed it but someone else beat me to the punch.
I also felt like I was right there with you. It gave me a lot of vicarious pleasure.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tira,
Thanks for the great article!
My hats off to you and ALL the members for keeping the Engraver a great magazine. And of course, a BIG thanks to Andrew (roaming around somewhere in S F Calif) for putting this all together!
Thank you all!

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the support guys! It's my first crack at writing since freshman English class, but knowing Mr. Biggs, it won't be my last. ;)

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Tira,
I hope it isn't your last. It was a great article. Looking forward to your next.

Sandy.

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Tira and everyone else that put this issue together, thank you. came home last night ,got the mail, went to the kitchen to seperate all the junk and found myself twenty minutes later with my foot still on the pedal of the trash can and my coat still on ,reading the Engraver. I couldn't put it down . Tira, Lee ,Rex,Andrew and everyone else best issue yet, great job

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, I have to re-iterate the kudos Tira. Maybe you missed your calling. I thouroghly enjoyed your article and you have a very observant nature and know how to describe your experiences where everyone can relate. Excellent article! ..............And to give some credit to Andrew for his outstanding efforts in the "Engraver", I have to say we have risen a notch or two and added some extra excitement to recieving the issues each quarter. Thanks for the quality. Write some more!...............Ron S

Talent is just bursting out all over in our engraving family is it not?

Andrew Biggs

Hi Guys

Just a quick one as I'm on the timer in the hotel here.

The Engraver is only as good as the people willing to write and donate articles and photos for. I'm really grateful to all that have contributed. Tira's article is first rate along with the rest of them. AND there's more to come.

It's a bit hard at the moment as we are in the USA relying on hotel computers and internet cafe's. Plus all the sightseeing.

San Francisco is an AMAZING place!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Tira is right. She will contributing more in the future. Now that we all know that she can write as good as she can engrave. we will see more of her in the future along with quite a few others that I can think of.:D

Mary and I are really getting quite excited about seeing you all again in Reno

Take care and best wishes
Andrew

Santo

Elite Cafe Member
Great issue to all involved. This my first Engraver magazine cause I just joined and I'm glad I did. Is there a chance that I would be able to pick up some back issues?? I'd like to see what I missed. I can't wait for the next one. Great work!!

S~

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The back issues will be available "soon" in PDF format. We have all the issues but some were manually scanned and need some work. They will be announced when available in the Engraver or on the web.

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member
Tira, I found your article to be very inspirational. I came away from it saying to myself, "golly, if she can do this, so can I !!!" So, thank you Tira, for making this a much warmer and more welcoming place. As we now know it, engraving encompasses so many different venues, from Western to Baroque, jewelry to firearms, that we sometimes lose sight of our common ground. It's the graver cutting a line, it's our community that is based on this premise. And it's Tira who works so hard to promote this unity. For that, I extend a great big 'Thank You'.

Tom

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tom, Thanks for the kind words. I am but a cog in the much larger wheel that is this community. There are many, many people who have been working for a long time to bring hand engraving to the forefront as an artform in all its permutations. It's all of us together who are making "Engraving" what it is - and what it is to become. :)

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member
I know you are a cog, as we all are......but I just wish to acknowledge your contribution.

I have had help from many different members, and for that, I am thankful. This helps me pursue my course, and steer me when I get a little 'out there'. A reality check, if you will.

But this is Tira's day to take a bow, and graciously accept the compliments due.