Fox Folder

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a folder i just finished. lots of background removed. I cant imagine how long a gun might take! It seems like this took awhile but i am not a full timer. Doug Sutherland

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 155

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice job Doug! It would stagger you to know how long it takes me to do my finest work. Maybe i am just super slow, I don't know, but you got to slow down quite a bit to do better work. It takes me about six months to do a job from planning to finish. that is working at it everyday, sometimes ten twelve hours a day. You get into it, time slips away from you. If you are doing high end creative work with a new concept in design and technique, you are exploring, and expiditions into the unknown are expensive. I often will do a complete practice piece to see if my ideas are going to work, but that isn't practical if you want to eat. Don't know how my wife puts up with me...............
Ron S

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Ron. As a former student i probably owe you most of the credit for any scroll ability and Sam A. for the basics. I wish i had more time to engrave until then i will take the two hour chunks and working on my design layouts and shading. Thanks again for this forum and any and all that help us in this artform. Doug

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
man, that's a right smart lookin piece. that's a keeper. the owner will love this one !

shonn

nice work
takes me like 3 to 4 hours to do one side of a knife that big mabe i need to slow down too.