Fun Little Project

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone, Here is a little expierment i tried with some silver sheet i had laying around. I think it would look better with the background pierced out but i was limited on time. D.DOUGLAS

Attachments

• DSCF2273.jpg
    DSCF2273.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 248

webad2006

I like that, probably would look nice with background punched out, or stippled. Did you engrave it first, and the trim out? I think it would make a great overlay design on western buckle, or bolo.

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
WEBAD, I used a simple acetone transfer, engraved it then cut it out. if you were going to pierce out the inside background i would proably save the shading for last. The hidden bail i used a little staybright solder on. silver solder proably would have murdered it from such high heat. I find an engraved line is excellent guide for the saw. I think i will try one a little more flashy.

webad2006

I'll sure look forward to your next post.

I just finished a western buckle set for my wife for our anniversary, having trouble getting a good picture to post though. I keep getting alottttttt, of glare off the silver, and bronze! Any suggestions. Would really like to post it for feedback.

Bill.

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
lighting is ceartinly the problem most of the time. im no expert here! try and build yourself some sort of lightbox.there has been some threads on this subject search them out . then you will have the same result every time you take a picture. I would like to see your buckle also. Good luck

ken dixon

Elite Cafe Member
Bill, Ive found that taking pictures of silver works pretty well outside when its overcast or in a shady area in the morning or evening. I'm sure a lightbox would be good if you have one. Ken

Latest posts

Sponsors