Harrisburg Pa Gun show ..

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
on Sept 6&7 i will be set up at the Harrisburg Pa. gun show , if you can stop by and say hello and see all of my cased Colts .. thanks Ron p

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Lee .. thanks , this is one of the biggest shows that I do here in Pa. it has around 1200. tables and alot of people come through the doors in the 2 days of the show .. my last big customer that I got was from this show , I will be engraving 29 Colts for him .. ron p

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
that set pictured is one of the 29 that i have to do .. here is a close up of the gold inlay on the barrels .. ron p.

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
29 Colts at 4 months per Colt!!!! :( That should keep ya outta trouble for ten years. Congrats on a excellent order.

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi chris and christiaan .. ... chris yes you can hold it for just a little while and only if you have glaves on ..

christiaan .. yes i do figure that it will keep me busy for a while and keep me is some beautiful show guns ..

here is a photoof the frame ..ron p

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Ron, this'll make it official. Save that assistant pass for me. I'll be there Friday afternoon to help you with the show and I'll bring the replica Remy which we can quarantine to a corner of your table. Maybe that 1892 as well since it is a modestly embellished shooter that one of the CAS folks might like to own and use for short money.

It will be a real nice honor to finally meet fellow engravers and Cafe members from the area that stop by to see you.

Catch ya later,

Chris

p.s. ... I'll bring a little sign that sez: "Please don't feed the assistant or put fingers into the cage" :D

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Roger .. that bowie was made by my good friend Larry Mensch , Larry is one of the top knife makers around .. ron p

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Chris .. i am glad to hear that you can make it try to be here by 4 or 5 because i go to the show Friday to set up my table .. see you on Friday .. ron p

bring some of your business cards

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For some reason ... Ron is still talking to me after he had to put up with me for a couple of days. I haven't been to a show that large and I was like a kid in a candy store. I learned a great deal and was able to pick Ron's brain since he couldn't leave his beautiful display of Colt's and knives.

Here's a few photos ....

The business is competitive and simply engraving something and selling it AND making money at it is not easy. It takes time and advice from friends you can trust 110%.

There's a lot more to "paying your dues" than just engraving trinkets until you are good enough to do a gun. There's being seen over and over at shows. Presenting your work accordingly ... like in hand crafted presentation cases. .... being a Colt factory engraver don't hurt either!!!

Had a great time .... the quote of the weekend:

"You call that cofee"?!?!?! -- Ron P. Nott

oh yes ... I spent a lot more than I sold. tsk tsk but I bought a brand new (never been fired) Shiloh Sharps 50/90. Excellent grade wood and great fit and flash. Very exciting.

Chris

Last edited:

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
the Harrisburg gun show this week end was great , in the 2 days of the show we had a lot of people and potential customers stop by the table , this show is the larges one in Pa, it is around 1200 tables , Chris did great he made some good contacts for future work and i got a small job , i had the opportunity to examine Chris s work up front and close and i would not be afraid to recommend or have him display his work next to mine any time , Chris should have the title of master his work is clean and smooth flowing he should not be afraid to compete next to any body,, photos don't do Chris work justice , his work is as good as Barry lee Hands .
next show is in DEC and that one us a little bigger than the last one . i am looking forward to having Chris join me in DEC.. ron p

steichman

Hi Ron and Chris,
The gun show great your table looked fantastic! i am positive it will be a success. Hope i run across you two later.

Steve teichman

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No way Ron - I got a million miles to go yet ... and what was that "small job" again? .... 50 grand??

I'll have a stainless S&W model 629 with ebony grips (and cased) for the December show. With a little more effort I might be able to show I just didn't get lucky with the last revolver.

Steve, looking forward to meeting you. A critique of that S&W will be crucial in determining whether or not Ron is entering the early stages of dementia. (just kidding Ron:))

Chris

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hey Chris .. you have to stop telling these guys that i got a 50 grand job ,, it was only a 5000.00 job just a small one .. i am looking forward to seeing that S&W i bet it too will be a great job .

hi Steve ,, the next show is allentown on Oct 18 & 19 .. hope to see you there , its too bad my son (Chris ) cant make it , he only gets one pass a year to get out of W.V . ron p