hobo nickles

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
I have never heard of such a thing. I am going to try and do one soon. I looked on ebay for some of these; I guess you can buy it all there. I might start collecting these. NEAT!!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
first things first, cowboy. i started my first nickel a few weeks back, and have not had time lately to work on it. the first thing you want to do is line the walls of your engraving room with maybe 3 or so inches of soft padded rubber ! this is fun stuff, but it will make you want to tear your hair out !! remember the guy who started this forum ? totally bald- from doing coins no doubt ! look at the info steve ellsworth put out on the lindsay forum. there's a ton of info there to get you started. this guy's not only a master at the art , but shares his knowledge freely. if you want to do a coin, read all that he has posted. billzac is another to familiarize with. were it not for steve, i doubt that i would have even tried to do one ! i will also sell you my first coin, as it will show every mistake possible on a nickel. it's going for ten cents + s&h good luck

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
The nickels are fun to do. You will find they can become addictive though. Have fun carving and remember its just a nickel. if the guy on the coin ends up with a smaller nose or crooked teeth no one will know:)
www.keithpedersen.com
Keith

Latest posts

Sponsors