I little bit more of that shiny stuff!

Andrew Biggs

Hi Phil

Your work never ceases to amaze me. The quality of it is eye wateringly beautiful.

One day, if you ever get the time I would dearly love to know the processes and steps that you take for sculpting your work.

Cheers
Andrew

beegee

Elite Cafe Member
Maybe you could give us rank beginners an idea of what is involved in this process? Steps from start to finish and how many hours it would typically take for a person of your experience?

I think is awesome and quite daunting.

Would the owner of such a weapon actually use it for hunting, or is it strictly a display piece?

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Green, yellow and small red leaves here and there, also silver tips on most of the leaves. There's about 8 to 9 hundred hours there, and it won't be used for hunting.:D

Phil

vanknife

Elite Cafe Member
Phil If one would put that gun next to the most famous Picasso painting ........ I think I know witch one will be my first choice.

Thanks for showing your work.

Cheers

"VAN"

pappy

Elite Cafe Member
Phil,
How do you get the green and other alloy gold to inlay? Do you inlay it as sheets into toothed recesses or do you solder it onto something softer to allow the teeth to bite in? Your work is truly magnificent!!! I am only a beginner but your work is a great inspiration!
pappy

Jim Kelso

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Phil,

Sorry I'm a little late to the dance. I saw your work some while back and wanted to add my name to your list of fans, but got distracted elsewhere so I'll just tag in here. Your work is definitely at the pinnacle of the gun engraver's art. I especially love your animal/woodland scenes. Beautifully done.

All the best,

Jim

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, Thank you for posting the pictures of your beautiful work. I can't make up my mind weather to keep trying or just give up :confused: I'm getting better everytime I cut something but to see the art you guys are constantly showing sometimes lets the air out of me. I love your work. Dwayne

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Pappy,
Yellow and green are inlayed in the normal way, undercut with the base toothed.

Dwayne,
Never give up, always aim as high as you can, one day it will all come together, like riding a bike....well almost :)

Phil

Sponsors