inspiring engravers

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
for new guys like myself, its hard to know where to locate stuff. here is a small listing. brownells.com , glendo.com ,gesswein.com , for catalogs. engravers talk about alot of different tools and equipment, and this way youll know what they are talking about. also for engraving type books, go to amazon.com ,or, alibris.com. hope that will help out. got to get back to making spanish rice for the wife. [ yes, i can cook, just cant engrave ]

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Richard, Thanks for the websites and information. The cafe has a "Book List" and a "Resources for Tools, Metals, Findings" post in the "Tips Archive" section of the cafe. The posts are stuck at the top of the posts in that section. We keep it as updated as we can. It's a compilation of the resources that the entire community suggests to help one another.

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
i found it

iam new at engraving and the computor so i move slow. thanks, the resourses in the tips was an area i hadnt visited. i just did my first download tuesday, still having trouble with those darn child-proof lids on bottles. i get neighbor kids to open the asprain for me.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome rich: where is kensington ? i'm 25 miles sw of pittsburgh, pa. if you are close, maybe i can give you some 1 on 1 . my fees are extravigant- lunch at burger king-- on you- unless you're poor. if you are, my wife will spring for lunch !