Knife bolster Drawing

vanknife

Elite Cafe Member
Good day to all,
Firstly I want to wish everybody a prosperous new year and a big thanks for all the engraving that you share with us all.

This is my latest sketch of n engraving for a folding knife bolster. I did read the other threads and tried to implement the tips given.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
"VAN"

Attachments

• FF1.jpg
    FF1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 145

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It is a nice symetrical design, but being symetrical, I would only use it on a symetrical knife such as a dagger or sguin dhu. I have no idea what knife shape you have of course. There is a lot of open background. If I was going to leave it like this I would move the leave structures where they come towards each other a little more to the right, so tha the background area on the right and left were more or less the same size/proportion to each other.

vanknife

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Scott,

Point well taken, the knife is a folding knife so i will save this for dagger or a knife with a semetrical shape. I guess its back to sketch pad for more drawing practice. I will post it i am done.

Cheers
"VAN"

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like it!

Some minor roughness with the loops at the right but that's the sort of thing that you clean up when you're cutting.

Good point by Scott about making sure your nice design fits the knife - hopefully it's one of the (many, many) tips casually passed along here that I'll remember. Actually I'm sure I'll remember it - I just hope I do it before I cut the nice design into something it's not right for.

Latest posts

Sponsors