La Conchita

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
From an oil painting by Jesus Helguera 1943.
Some bright day in the future I hope to have engraved many more of these coins. I learn a little with each one. It has taken a while to control my hands and tools and for the calluses to return to my thumb and forefinger.
Maestro Ron, you were right. A long break away from the bench has brought a new freshness to my enthusiasm for work. I now sleep late and dream of pretty women, instead of tying bait, sea sick fishermen, moon and tide fazes and an occasional jumping marlin. What else can a guy ask for?

Attachments

• prettiest woman #1.JPG
    prettiest woman #1.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 232

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice work, Joseph. I am glad you have something to be passionate about again!
(instead of the beach, jumping Marlin & so on!)
WL

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well Joseph, I see beauty busting out all over the place. You have a lot to contribute my friend, and to see you back doing that.................It is what you were destined to do don't you think? And then an unobstructed view of the sunsets, wow. Like you said, what more can a guy ask? Sounds pretty much like paradise to me. Give Franca my regards.

Beautiful job! rock on!

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Christopher, I only drink wine and good french brandy.
Weldon, Thanks, If you wish to fish let me know.
Maestro, I believe my destiny is to make beautiful things and hopefully inspire others as well.
Keith, Coins are so much nicer to work on when compared to Mr Rugers weapons. I have yet to resharpen my chisel, and the burin requires little touch up. I have many coins to work on; count me in as a coin engraver.
Jim, I believe it was after sex that Ben did his best thinking.
Bob, Cantiflas is one of the artist that I watch as Spanish lessons. A great comic, but I will stick with pretty girls for now.

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Hear Hear Joseph!!

A glass of Gelmorangie "Madiera Wood Finish" from time to time (or Lagavulin in the winter months) but good luck finding that here in West Virginia!! Drats ... now I'll never stop thinking about it till I drive to Boston!!

What about a little umbrella in that Remy Martin?

Hey Jim ... Edison never slept. He took catnaps ... like some of the masters here do I think :).

Later,

Chris

Last edited:

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Joseph,
Girls are a great source of inspiration.
I look forward to seeing many more of your coin creations.
Thanks for sharing your art.
Stephen