Ladies Sterling Watchband

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is a ladies sterling silver watchband with rose gold fill initials, solid sterling M.O.P. watch. I have also found another picture of the saddle silver that I had engraved for Kathy's Show Equipment. Sorry again for the poor pictures. I am having a hard time finding solid sterling watches so if anyone has information about US suppliers please let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• ladieswatchband2007 (Medium).JPG
    ladieswatchband2007 (Medium).JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Saddle_silver (Medium).JPG
    Saddle_silver (Medium).JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 230

Andrew Biggs

Absolutley beautiful work!!!

It's really nice to see a messy bench top as well...........looks very similar to mine!!!! :)

Man, there are some really clever and talented people on this forum.

Those big peices for a saddle (They look quite large) must have taken a very long time to engrave. I like the idea of the watch strap............I've never seen anything like that before.

So how exactley do you go about the design for this type of thing? Draw on paper first, direct to the metal?

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Watchband

They're great! If you get a chance I'd like to see them enlarged to look at the detail to fully appreciate your fine work.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Andrew. I can tell you that I do not even come close to the clever and talented. When you look up the definition of eternity in the dictionary they will show a picture of me engraving saddle silver. Kathy's Show Equipment in Vista,California, if anyone is looking for a job. Please take mine! The watchband base is an ellipse oval. Solder on the rope. Solder on the tubes. Cut the slots for the leather. Clean up and engrave. Cut and solder on the initials. Make the buckle set. Sew on the leather. Curve the watchband and mount the watch. Oh, your question. I have a die that cuts out the metal. I cut the mens watchband by hand. The men's wrist sizes vary quite a bit. The buckle sets are the same for the men's and women's. I tried doing them with castings of the parts at one time, and they were OK, but they weren't as crisp as I thought they should be so I went back to fabrication. Thanks MDEngraver for the comment. If I knew how to enlarge them I would but that will have to come later. I don't think you would think the work is so fine if you were to see it up close. I must direct you to Greg Pauline's pictures. It does not get much better than that when it comes to bright cut engraving*. *Future advertising fee when Greg becomes a multi-millionaire. Andrew, you are looking at the absolute cleanest part of the bench and I am not kidding.

Last edited:

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
Hey, Leonard! Your bench looks like my!
Your engraving looks very good, and I'd like to see it in the better resolution, to see it is more than details.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Becoming millionares? Is that possible?? I think most of us have never gotten to the thousandares yet...:)
There is Hope!!!!........By the way, Nice work!!!!

Hey buddy, if you have the time to clean your bench, you don't have anything to do. You ought to see mine. It looks like the city dump most of the time when i'm flinging my tools which reminds me. I need to get back to work............Ron S