Make Your Own Templates

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Just thought I would like to see my templates that I make from the center of white plastic beach bottles.
I trace these onto drawing paper then I do my layout..these can be used over and over again..these are just a few of my files..hope these will help.

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts
School of Artistic Engraving
www.angelfire.com/va2/engraver

HAVE A HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

Attachments

• jj.templates.jpg
    jj.templates.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 206

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
JJ
I just have mine now on the computor full size..I can then blow them up for sketching and whatever

Marty

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Good idea JJ. Marty how about posting some samples of your layouts you have on your computer. Thanks:)

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glenn
Here's a template I have for an 1886 Winchester frame. It most likely won't come up full size here on the forum but it is full size on my computor. I can print and enlarge any part of it for drawing perposes and then shrink the drawing down to full size once again for transfering or more layout. Two years ago I did a FEGA seminar on this and using Photoshop to compose engraving. FEGA does have this DVD for sale and also this year Andrew Biggs will be doing his take on this as a seminar in Reno using Corel.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bah.humbug....forgot To Attach The Picture

Attachments

• 1886 win frame template4web.jpg
    1886 win frame template4web.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 101

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Marty I remember your presentation. I had a hard time keeping up with you cause your so computer literate. I'm not. Same when you did the drawing of the engine, cattle, water tank etc. I've tried to do this but still No Cigar.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glenn
Get the DVD and try it. I am really not that computer literate and everyone has told me that they are having success with it at home with the DVD. A more appropriate name for the seminar might have been....PHOTOSHOP ENGRAVING LAYOUT FOR DUMMIES BY A BIGGER DUMMY

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Marty's FEGA presentation was what inspired this computer dummy to get my first computer.
It was a great presentation even though Marty was sick as a dog at the time.
Marty opened my eyes to a lot of potential of this tool.
Andrew is a whiz bang computer guru in my book.
His seminar will be a valuable extension of my limited computer savvy.
John B.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Marty, how many patterns have you been able to put on you computer? Here is where this is going. I would like to see if you can email a pattern to me. (any one will do). If that works, then I would be willing to pay you for each pattern. Any Interest?
Thanks, Glenn

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glenn
Patterns are easy to make up.just do a rubbing or smoke pull of the metal. The scan them into the computor. If you want you can blow them up (print them larger) and trace the outlines. Then scan them again and in photoshop shrink them back down to the original size. I save them as a JPG file. When I start to layer in photoshop with different pictures as I figure out what I am trying to do they are save automatically as a photoshop file for manipulating. I can email you the 1886 file but where are you trying to go from there?

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Marty,
I have an 86 in the deluxe model 45-90. It is not engraved which I plan to remedy. I showed it to Sam Welch once when I first started making gross chips. He went very pale and said "be sure to let me look at your pattern before you start". I think he was short of oxygen. I'm not ready to start engaving this or even disassemble it, but it would be fun to start sketching. Perhaps by next years FEGA show I could show it to Sam.:D :D
I also have a uberti look alike to the sharps 45-70 octagon barrel that needs some abuse done to it in the form of chip removal. Same goes for this anchor a year or 18 months down the highway of chips.l
Thanks, Glenn

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
OK Glenn
email me at "fancygun@aol.com" and I'll send you the JPG pattern to destroy. Bring the sketches with you to Reno. On second thought,, you could just sell me the deluxe 86. They are a rare desirable gun.

Latest posts

Sponsors