Making faces this time of year.

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
I've been working on line work and particularly faces since I'm not good at it so here's some pieces. If any one knows of good references that may pertain to the rules of shading I would appreciate the information. Then again an art class might help:thinking: just not in the cards at the moment.
I would appreciate all input.
Mark

Attachments

• 20111220_28.jpg
    20111220_28.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 170

mrthe

in the igraver tutorial you can find great advices about shading you can start for heare, all the way nice job maybe will look better with female faces but is only my taste!
thank you for share

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Mark,Where a book I reommend Anatomy for Artist by Reginald Marsh,its a Dove publication should be easy to find on Amazon. J.J.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mark,

A wonderfully clear image of line shading is to be found by looking under your magnification at original art prints from copper master plate engravings. Why, they are so large in comparison with what we show here, the individual lines as very clearly seen. On good ones you will see the swelling of line width to create different shades of grey. One master of this style is our colleague, Jordi, from Barcelona, and Alain L's line work is legendary.

Of course, paper money of the US and money from almost all other nations is printed right off very accurate mills taken from the master plates, so copying portions of a dollar bill will give us a good run for our money!

best

Rod

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Mark,The Complete Etching of Rembrant master of the liner line,this is another book by Dover.This book is a wonderful study of the liner line,crosshatching and working from light to dark.You can find this book a Amazon. J.J.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mark, Nice work. Do a google search on drawing faces- Hugh amount of material from on line how toos to software drawing apps to books and videos.-Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors