Money clip and Hello to all

Hello all, its been awhile since I have been around. Been busy in the shop and at the fire house, lots going on. The wind and warm weather is making for a busy fire season, hope we make it through the spring.
I thought as its been awhile since I was here, I would post these money clips I just finished up. Not much too them, just really wanted to say hello. Yall have a good one.

Attachments

• steel buckin1.JPG
    steel buckin1.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 225
  • steel buckin 2.JPG
    steel buckin 2.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 181
  • dads.JPG
    dads.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 163

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice. Whats the base material? and what do you use to get the brown color?
Fireman are my heroes. But your avatar scares the heck out of me.

Jeff

Jeff
Hello, hope your well. The clip itself is made from 16 ga German silver, the little "buckle" is 16 ga steel.
I use oxpho blue on the steel to get the bluish grey color. Hope that helps, holler if I can help in anyway.
So far its been a tough fire season, I am at work today, and several stations have been out all day on a large grass fire. Had one structure fire as well today, been busy so far, I hope they let us sleep tonight.Take care
Weldon
I assume your a fire fighter as well. Where at?
Mike

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
For some reason it looked brown to me. Probably my monitor :) You do nice work.
I was burned 40% a year and a half ago. Long recovery. Stay safe I hope you get some rain.

Yes sir, you do have a long road ahead of you. 40% is a bad burn. I do hope recovery is going well for you.
Thanks for the comments on my stuff. How long have you been at this type of work?
We do need some rain, real bad. My wifes uncle has,(had) 60,000 acres he has ranched for 40 years. The big fire we had this week in Sterling Co. wiped him out. He lost most all of his stock, what isnt dead is in bad shape, lots of the deer herd gone. He does have the house and one barn left. That fire burnd 500,000 acres, and I am afraid it isnt over by a long shot.
Holler if I can help in anyway
Mike

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
I'm so sorry for your Uncle that's a hard blow to recover from. My thoughts are with him.
I'm pretty much recovered now. I've only been engraving for a little over a year. Mostly drawing and studying. I needed to regain the use of my right hand. It's good therapy. I always wanted to know how it was done. Then I found this site and some of the most amazing people willing to share their knowledge.

You be extra careful, post more of your work.

Jeff

Weldon
Sounds like your about ready to wind that up. I have 19 years and about 6 to go. Stay safe down that way. I hope to catch up with you one of these days.
Mike

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike, would that be Sterling county, Texas? If so, I spent about five years of my life in Sterling city. Population 330 I think at the time. I loved it out there. My dad was manager of the Ford dealership in Sterling. I was only about eight at the time, but I liked the people (ranchers) and such in the area. Sorry to hear of your losses. That is a tough one I'm sure.

Jeff, sorry to hear of your injuries, how can I help? Hang tough buddy, and it sounds like you already have........That right hand will come back and engraving is wonderful therapy.....Ron S

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Ron,
You and many other's on this site have helped me so much already. I met a guy that goes by Fancy gun at a gun show several months back. Heck of a nice guy. I told him I was trying to learn engraving. He told me to get a book by Ron Smith. Advanced Drawing of Scrolls. Then told me to draw all the time. I did both. The drawing helped control my hands and the book gave me a direction.

Engrave on :)

Jeff Graham

Ron
Hello, yes thats Sterling City TX. I bet the population has not changed too much, not a lot there.
My wifes family has ranched there for 50 plus years. Its a tough blow to watch your life burn up before your eyes, with nothing you can do but watch. It goes to show how fast everything we have can be gone. That was there living, not sure what they are going to do now.
You are right its a nice place, with lots of good folks. It will be hard on lots of them in the area, but they are a tough and independant bunch. It has been a rough fire season so far, I dont remember in my 19 years of fire service, one being this bad in our area. Thats just life however. Well its bed time, take care.