New Bench

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
After stretching my neck, with a bench that was to high, built a new one. Added a few features that I have picked up from this site.:D Also sent along a practice plate for dissection.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 240

chris

hi
powderhorn

for your first its s*** hot keep cutting you will find nobody was any better when we started
probably a lot worse if we all posted our first i think you would be up in the top with what you have done make sure all you shadeing cuts are heaver to wards the base of your leaves
happy cutting
chris

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very efficient looking setup for a small space. The plate looks like you are making quick progress. Keep up the good work.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
your bench is cool, likewise your practice piece. it could have been a bit better perhaps, had you taken just a touch of valium. your drawing looks good. your nerves will settle in time. mine never have, but yours will. just keep at what you're doin, it will continually get better, easier, and faster.

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
Monk;
Had the drawing worked out, but kinda messed up on the shading, so played a little with liners on it. It did help the confuziation factor. As in don't do that again.

Andrew Biggs

Hi powderhorn

Nice looking bench. The practice plate........just keep at it. Eventually the lines will be smoother and more consistant. One day it will all gell together, the big trick is to just keep practicing!!!
Cheers
Andrew

Aloha Powderhorn
You probably heard this before, in which case just figure I'm reminding myself. When you get close to the end of a cut ease back on the foot pedal so you don't over shoot. Also rolling the graver to the side will add body to your cutting.

Nice bench. What are the "holes" or tubes down the right side for?

Aloha,
Robert Booth
The Koa Bench Goldsmith

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
TheKoaBenchGoldsmith

The Tubes are for Ring mandrels, and Hammers, as shown in the attached pic. Thanks for the comments.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 80
ahh...very smart.

thanks for the picture.

Powderhorn...have you heard of a guy named Nick Starusser in your area? Well...he left Honolulu a decade or so ago for Las Vegas.

Aloha,
reb

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
TheKoaBenchGoldsmith:
I've been out of the the are for a while, military, and trucking, and just now starting to get back into the jewelry work and engraving. So still locating things and people around here.

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
Allan:
Right now it is still early for the bench, as in I'm still moving in to it, though I have been using it, and so far I like the way it came out. The bench also serves as a jewelry bench, for setting work and such.

Latest posts

Sponsors