Announcement: Nice work by Rex!

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was checking out the featured photo section of the GRS website and had to comment on the work of FEGA Prez Rex Pederson shown there:
http://www.grstools.com/featuredphotos/archives/2009/FP22-2.html

The GRS featured photo section is loaded with nice pics! In this case (the most recent addition), there are several of (what appears to be) silver pendants showcasing some very classy border work. These are great & any student or aficionado of engraving is certain to enjoy the work plus they can also pick up some great inspiration.....Thanks Rex & keep up the good work!!

Weldon

Last edited:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks guys,
Actually these are my "show doodles"... Instead of cutting practice plates at some of the shows I do these pendants or key fobs. They are one of the few things I do that I have NO idea what I am going to do on them until I put them in the vise. I put on some sort of border and then decide what the middle will be. I keep them simple so people don't get bored watching me do them. Layout consists of a pair of dividers and once in a while a scribe.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks pretty sharp Rex. Nick and Dot got ran off around here, and haven't been heard from them in at least a year. Glad to know they are doing fine. That rope border sure is nice looking. sEth

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Really nice and very clean work, Mr.Rex.
Deceptively simple, as GRS points out.
But like lettering, easy to see any flaw.
None I can see, beautifully done.
You're a brave soul to do these in a show demo.
Not exactly like doing them in an ideal situation.
Best.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Seth, invite Nick and Dot back. They aren't as bad as you think!
That is a standing joke with my students. The nick and dot border can be very easy to do once it is mastered but requires a bit of practice. I love to do them and variations of them.
John, thank you but these are far from perfect but make perfect projects for the beginner. I LOVE and push borders to my students and this is a good reason why. Also, the nice thing with these if you mess up, you aren't out much.
Gail, thanks for the comments too.