Off topic but spring has spung

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
They're calling for 10 inches of snow tonight. But here's proof that spring is so close.:D

Jeff

Attachments

• Spring Flower2.jpg
    Spring Flower2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 146

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Jeff,
While you are getting that ten inches of snow, we will be having a sandstorm down here in eastern NM. Wish you could send a little of that snow this way.

Stewart

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
HHMMmmmm and all we are getting here in Durango so far is blue sky with a strong breeze. Does spring mean skiing is over and it's time to ATV?

pappy

Elite Cafe Member
In this part of Pa we were supposed to get an inch of snow last night, but all we got was rain. My back is killing me. One of these days I am going to try to go out to AZ or NV or NM, but if it made my back feel better I don't think I could force my self to come back to PA for my stuff or my wife and kids. Needless to say, they are not happy about this.

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
Bronc I wish we could send you some. We got a tremendous amount of snow this winter.

Fancygun I hear your up to your eyeballs down south. I have an Uncle on the frying pan he's got nine feet. I
guess I won't be fishing the pan this month.

Pappy it's dry out here. Good for a bad back.

Jeff

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Compared to living back east...a back back does seem to weather better out here in the southwest.
OK I give up.......where is the "frying pan"? I think I read the snowpac down here is at 155% of normal and should melt off with a nice high water mess this spring.

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
Fancygun the Frying pan is halfway between Glenwood and Aspen. At the town of Basalt it connects to the Roaring Fork. The Roaring Fork dumps into the Colorado river at Glenwood springs. Fantastic fishing on all three rivers.

Jeff

Ozgraver

It's atumn here now and we're experiencing light Northerly winds with temperatures of around 40 C (104 F).

On-track temperatures at the F1 Grand Prix yesterday reached 55 C (131 F).

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
Ozgraver it's snowing like heck here. We've got a roaring fire going. Our spring snows can be the deepest.

Stay cool :D are you anywhere near Perth?

Jeff

Ozgraver

I'm in Melbourne which is about 3450 km (2145 miles) from Perth, so no, not particularly close. I've never seen any frost here let alone snow!

pappy

Elite Cafe Member
Ozgraver,
Do you have a lot of humidity and bugs? My friends tell me that you do have more than your share of pretty girls! Maybe you could import some up here to the north. We need some good models for our bulino projects!!

Ozgraver

No, Melbourne's climate is quite pleasant. Up north, places like Darwin are in the tropics and it's unbearably humid. Even Sydney and the Goldcoast are quite sticky by comparrison.

Thare aren't too many bugs in the city, but if you go out of town, there are spiders the size of saucers and plenty of snakes. If you want to find them you can, but if you don't like them, you probably won't see too many.

The girls in Oz only seem prettier because they wear a lot less than girls in cooler climes! But yes, there are a lot of pretty girls and then there are some really pretty girls!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
OK now I got where the frying pan is......I did hear there is some great fishing there.
I'm driving out to Kansas in a week and as always am aprehensive about potential bad weather this time of the year in eastern Colorado and Kansas. Last year I drove back through Holly after a tornado ripped the town in two. Very spooky

leschowe

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Jeff,
You are a little north of us and I think the storm is coming down from the
North. It just started snowing hard here about an hour ago. I think this is going
to be a big one. It was 70 degrees yesterday, we went for a nice hike in the
foothills.

Les Schowe

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Last week we had a day that hit 94 here (pretty hot for right now!). It'll be in the 70's today with a good chance for rain - we need it!

Weldon

rodstan

Oz,
Think of us South Aussies with 14 days straight around 40c (104F) Currently 11.30 pm and it is still 32c.
Outside workshop is reading 58c (137 F) during the day and inside workshop with airconditioning a pleasant 27c.(80F)
Really need a break from it,last bit of practice engraving on steel plate left rusty finger prints.Not even touching the watchmaking!
The only snow I have ever seen is the frost inside a refridgerator.
Rod in sunny Adelaide

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well I woke up to a new spring snow here in Durango..........about 1 inch so far and still snowing. Pretty good looking even though we have had enough snow for one winter.