Announcement: Offering some unique classes

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
I will be offering three classes this year at my studio in Traverse City MI. If flying you can fly directly to Traverse city. The students can be picked up at the airport and taken to there hotel. They can also be picked up and dropped off at there hotel daily so renting a car isn't necessary. The classes will be five days, 8 hours each day plus an hour for lunch. Traverse is a resort town and there is a lot to do and see. It is located on the shores of the Grand traverse Bay in Lake Michigan. There are plenty of beeches, great resturaunts and night life. http://www.visittraversecity.com/index.php

5/24-28th/ 2010
The first will be a Watch engraving class;
The class will consist of a project of which the student will engrave his or her own watch.
The watch will be the Rocky mountain Watch Classic. You can view this model on there web site.http://www.rockymountainwatch.com/classic.htm
The watch will be included in the cost of the course. It will come stripped and ready to engrave. They are machined in stainless steel (engraver friendly) The movement is an eta swiss quartz movement. The student can choose a stock dial or engrave their own. After the watch is complete it will be sent to the Co. where it will be assembled and checked for timing. Only the shipping to and from the co. will be in additional cost.
The student can design the watch any way they choose, It can include inlay overlay or any other tratment they decide on.
The student will be guided through the project and helped individually with their designs.
This class isn't for the beginer engraver. It is best suited for someone who is at an intermidiate to advanced level. If you have any questions as to your skill level concerning this project don't hesitate to contact me at the email below.
This is a uniqe opportunity to learn while making something to use and appreciate.
The cost of the class including the watch and it's assembly is $1,250.00 the class is limited to 5 students.
All tools and fixtures will be supplied.

6/21-25th/2010
Bulino engraving:
This course will cover the basic techniques of this style of engraving.
This is an advanced level course.
It will be necessary to be approved for the course, so that the student is capable and ready. This way they will get the most out of it.
The cost of the course is $1,500.00 The course is limited to 3 students, This is so each student can get more individual help.

7/19-23rd/2010
B.Y.O.P. Bring your own project:
This unique course will allow a student to bring their project of choice to the class. The project can be underway or not started. It needs to be if necessary dissasembled and ready to engrave.
What will make this course interesting for all who participate is that they will be exposed to processes other than the one they bring, so that each learn new things from each others projects. It will be limited to 4 persons so that enough attention can be given to each person.
The cost of the course is $1000.00

To sign up you can email me at chrisdecamillis@hotmail.com or call 1 231 943 7096

Eddi

Elite Cafe Member
Sounds very exciting Chris!
You will fill those classes in no time.
Sadly I´m not at that level yet.

Eddi
Ps. I´m putting the ringenie on my whishlist for christmas.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I have taken a private class from Chris at his studio. It was fantastic. Go there like a sponge because he gives you so much information and has such an artistic touch to the application it keeps you mesmerized. He is extremely free with information so take a list of questions. It's hard to explain the learning atmosphere that Chris has organized. Do take advantage of this opportunity.
Oh and you get a chance to meet Max his Springer Spaniel.

RT Bit and Spur

Elite Cafe Member
I have been engraving for 15 yrs but have not done very much bulino. What are you looking for?
Rod

jfava

an opportunity to learn traditional Italian bulino inside the U.S.... that's a no brainer... lol

Latest posts

Sponsors