Omano Lindsey scope?

charles vail

Just wondering if any of you have purchased the Omano Lindsey microscope from the microscope store and wondered if you have been happy with it when using it for engraving or stone setting?

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Charles,

I bought it some months ago and so far I'm happy with it. Not comparable to Zeiss, of course, but still good. I have 10x eyepieces and 0.5x Barlow lens. This gives enough magnification and reasonable working distance (about 20cm). 0.75x Barlow lens were too close for me. Only thing I could nit-pick with this scope is that the image gets softer on the edges, but then again this is common problem for not-super-expensive optics (almost all photo lenses suffer from this...).

HTH

Metalman

I bought one with a .75 barlow. I am going to order a .5 as I would like more distance. Other than that I like it. The one I ordered was a trinocular. I had to change the rod on the headrest to allow it to get past the third eye, but it is fine now.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've had the Omano scope for about 18 months and am very pleased with it. No, it cannot compare with a Zeiss but with good lighting, it works very well. The lighting is important with any scope but probably more so with the slightly "softer" optics. I use the ring light that came with the scope and two halogen lights on "goose-neck" stands from Office Depot. This gives me excellent balanced lighting and the ability to move one or both halogens low and close to the work surface to give better shadow detail when sculpting (as in Hobo nickels etc.) For the money, you can't beat the Omano and The Microscope Store people were very helpful.

Mark

charles vail

headrest

So the triocular scope from the Microscope Store can be used with a camera and the headrest if you modify the rod? Does the head rest come with that model? Guess I better call the store and quiz them. I was looking at the Otto Frei companies scopes with the LED ring light and they mentioned that I could use a Meiji lens on their clone scope if I wanted to upgrade the image quality. I'm just trying to get something that I can use now for what I can afford and maybe upgrade it later. Their brand comes with the GRS acrobat stand and a ring light for around $1200.

Metalman

It came with mine, but it did not work as shipped. I cut the rod in two places and made two connector pieces get past the trinocular. They are made out of nylon with a 3/8' hole in each end and a slot between the two holes. A stainless screw was placed in the middle to tighten the nylon on the headrest knob.

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
You might want to check out this Ebay item # 330198064583, it is a Zeiss Stemi SR zoomer scope and base. Wright now it is at 200.00, with several days to run. I did not see any thing about the Barlow lens, but you should be able to get one.

Latest posts

Sponsors