photographing your work

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
hay kids, do not buy a fine pix z-3 ! the fuji co may sue me, but it's not worth the powder to- well you know the rest. i did make a great discovery though: if you want to take a quick pic of your engraved piece, but no time to set up the light tent: cut a suitably sized hole in a sheet of white paper towel. best to be without any colored designs. place your engraving on a proper piece of colored fabric. with strong lighting above you take a pic thru the hole in the white paper towel ! it works better than you might think. back to the z-3- you almost have to beg this mini marvel to focus properly. i'm thinkin this could be improved by cutting a hole in say a piece of clear plexiglass, and gluing a piece of white sheet onto the plastic. this would be a bit sturdier than just the paper towel.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Monk
Try shooting in macro mode and NOT through a plastic or whatever hole. The camera does not set itself though the lens. The sensor on my camera is next to the lens and you might be blocking it off. I get real good sharp pictures with mine even hand held.

Latest posts

Sponsors