Reno Project Finished

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Just wanted to thank everyone in Reno that took the time to critique the cigar cutter I started to engrave before the show. And thank you all the encouragement to come home and finish the project- including adding the ivory.

All opinions and advice welcomed.

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Mike,
That is a totally beautiful piece of work. The cigar lover that winds up owning that will be very lucky indeed.
Thanks for sharing!
gailm

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
I had the pleasure to see this cutter today at the Allentown Pa.Gun show and photos don't do it any justice , I like how Mike did the very fine English scroll , it is very fitting for this cutter . thanks Mike for coming to the show and showing me your work I think it is fantastic .. ron p

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike,

I liked it when I saw it in Reno. Now I LOVE it. The ivory adds a truly special touch. And the finished engraving is superb. Now don't beat it up in your pocket anymore! Keep it in it's leather sheath when you carry it around.

Mark

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you everyone for your nice words, it means alot. I had fun doing it and have alot of ideas for the next one.
p.s. marcus if your out there I would really like you input. thanks Mike

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike, Wow! that looks great! I am very impressed. Cool. I signed up for Rex's shotgun class at the end of July, and I need to get practicing. Makes me want to get to work. Well, keep on cutting, no pun intended. Are you still smoking those things?

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Seth, great to hear from you. Thank you, I'm glad you like it and yes they are still a weakness. Rex's class sounds like it's going to be alot of fun. knowing your talent I'm sure you have some great ideas for that little 28. can't wait to see them all.