Reno Questions

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
My first opportunity to come to the Reno Show and I am very excited, but have some questions. How formal is the Sat. nite Banquet? Am I ok in my jeans or do I need to bring my kilt? Before you get too filppant remember my knees are 58 years old and quite worn. Are there any other things a newbie should know? Are there any rules about photos? Our WA arms collectors shows do not allow cameras at all, but that is about politics and security (mostly politics, this is the left coast!) Any thing else a guy from the sticks should know?
By the bye in spite of my unpronouncable user name my name is Owen. The other is a long story which I only tell in person............O

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Owen,
The Saturday night banquet really doesn't have any dress code but I will tell you most people do dress up a bit. Most wear a jacket, tie optional. The Thursday night social is casual for sure however.
Cameras are fine. Many members take photos. Just be courteous to others and don't spend lots of time blocking the displays forever.
Other than that, just bring some tissues to keep from drooling all over the engraving!
See you there!

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
So, Rex,
Your saying kilts are manditory, I'll have to check the wifes closet.:D
Jim

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Frankly, I have seen them in our show over the years. I would think they are a little chilly for the weather in Reno that time of year however.

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
I'm not that big (5' 10" 220lbs) seven yards is pretty standard for a mans kilt. I know of a couple of really big fellas that took more. It's all those pleats, and it depend on the pattern of the tartan some tartans take less others more it depends on how deep you have to pleat to keep the pattern........Owen

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry 'bout that...forgot about the pleats. But what does an Irishman know about kilts any way?

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
the Scots came to Scotland from the Emerald Isle the kilt (fila-mor or brecan feala) was invented in Ireland wasn't till the English messed thing up that we got the modern kilt (fila-beg)or small kilt

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks like I need to check into my ancestry more....learn something new every day. Thanks.

Latest posts

Sponsors