Critique Request Scarf Slide

ken4c

:beerchug:Ok a scarf slide that iv been working on ,and a real big learning curve for me on this one , a few things i think i should have done diffrent that i did'nt realy think of .First off more drawing would help the flowers on the flange don't seam to fit looking at it now and the 2j brand has to much background in the middle of that area .2nd i make my own dies and im not very good at it but i do give it a good try on this one i made the die so that it domed the concho at the wiggle and leaf boarder well wrong it was not right so the boarder is off ,lesson learned there .so i will finish this one up and try another, more critique would be a great help.thanks Ken C.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 170

ken dixon

Elite Cafe Member
Ken,

Its nice to hear from you. I think it looks nice, are the top two petals still going to be engraved? Is it for Mark Barcus?

Ken

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Ken,

This is really nice. Looks way small! I'm also curious about the blank two top pedals...

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Ken,
I think you are being a little hard on yourself.
You can see the faults and want to improve and that's fine.
But I think this piece has a lot going for it.
Keep going and keep posting.
Some of the Western guys and gals can help you along.
There are some great ones here on the Cafe.
Best.

ken4c

Hello Ken , thanks for the input on the slide, yes the 2 petals will be done i just posted the slide befor it was finished,and yes ken it will be for Mark B it didnt start out that way but just seemed like a good project.
thanks Mike the slide is 2 1/2 inches with a 3/16 dome out of 16 gage nickle,
And thanks John B for the comment, i do get hard on my self thinking somthing is off, my wife says i do that alot . Ken C

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Just a thought....I have had a lot of people tell me they prefer a lighter scarf slide so that it doesn't slide down with the weight of the slide. I use 20 gauge but that is just my preference. I believe anything bigger than that is overkill but I know people make them heavy as well.
I really like the flowers!