Scrimshaw Ivory

Santo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all -- I need some help. I just sold a nice piece of scrimshaw to a guy who loves scrimshaw and bighorn sheep. He is also a big game hunter as in Africa big game and ordered a piece done of a cape buffalo. He is wanting a round piece of elephant ivory about a 3-4 inch tusk slab. I had one that I acquired back in the very early 70's that I already put some polar bears on. Does anyone have a piece or know where I might find a piece. I think he may go for a piece of mastodon ivory providing the color is light enough. This may be the better choice with the awareness on illegal ivory that e-bay brought about.

I would appreciate any suggestions and ideas.

Thanks

Santo

Ivory

You might try Boone Trading Co. in Washington State. They usually have a good selection of both Elephant and ancient ivories. I have used their products for several years and have always been very satisfied with both quality and price. They have a good website with detailed descriptions of many items, but you can call and talk with them and they will do all they can to meet your needs....They are nice folks too...

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
Also Ivory Jack's in Bothel WA. Nice folks too ,although they are in Tucson right now. Be aware most of the light colored mastodon and mammoth ivory comes from Russia and is being bid up unmercifully by the Chinese. last I checked about $54 per pound

Latest posts

Sponsors