Sig Sauer p230 SL is engravable

Work in progress- Stainless Sig P230SL 380 that is reminiscent of a PPK. Just started doing some shading.

I figured a german pistol could use some Eichenlaubornament! Haha got their word for it off the glossary on Lindsay’s site but when I suggested Oak & Acorn the owner’s eyes lit up. He’s a Luger freak so he’s familiar with the motif being used on those.

I could remove the background but I am digging the bead punch background. It’s getting heavy coverage so there’s plenty of opportunity to explore different textures and depths in other spots.

I’m posting to share what’s on my bench today but also reporting that Sig Sauer stainless from the 70’s/80’s era is really not bad to cut at all. I even got some milage out of a HSS point. Maybe that’ll help the next guy- I didn’t find any info. Scratch test wemt well but it’s not foolproof…

845FDD88-2CB9-454C-8936-B92B4D7DB661.jpeg

That is beautiful. I had that model pistol in the late 80's early 90's- I wish I still owned it.
Thanks! Yeah I often pocket carry a polish p-64 in 9mm mak which is sorta the brutal eastern bloc version of the ppk the way this little guy is the elegant german version. The DA sure is smooth on the sig.

Latest posts

Sponsors