Sterling silver cigar tubes

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Do any of you know a good source of sterling cigar tubes? I am looking for a source for wholesale tubes to be bought for resale... and of course engraved.

I have found a few online but only at beyond retail prices. I am looking for a wholesale source.

Ray

DanM

Elite Cafe Member
With the price of silver being high,i doubt you could find any under a $100 wholesale.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's fine, $100 each would not bother me. I just don't want to pay the $450 retail I have been finding on the net. That seems a bit high to me for a manufactured tube even if it is sterling.

Ray

DanM

Elite Cafe Member
I tought about it again this morning after a couple cups of strong coffee. at one time there was 24 guage walled large diameter sterling tubing availible.i do not remember the suppliers name though. it wouldn't cost much to make them yourself if you can find the tubing,but a rough guess on the price of materials would be around $60.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Degs,

That is about the best price I have seen on them (if it is a current price).

I don't think we have import taxes on small quantity stuff like that here. I had not thought of it but I probably better check on that.

Ray

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Ray, You may try Rio Grande, I found the tubes in the older catalog, but I did not see them in the newer one but its worth a try. They sell them for $37, the stock number is 690-303. They are 6"x3/4". You may already know, but, they are at riogrande.com or 800-545-6566. Good Luck, Brian

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Brian,

I will have to give them a call. I have some soldering supplies I need to order form them anyway.

Thanks,

Ray

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
large SSilver tubing

Ray,
If you Google 'metalliferous' you will find a good assortment of SSilver tubing. That is all they sell is silver. They ship fast and are nice to deal with.
Gail:)

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Gail,

They had some 3/4 and 7/8 tubing with .020 walls that I think would work perfect for making cigar tubes out of. Thanks a bunch for the resource tip.:)

Ray

DanM

Elite Cafe Member
I had forgoten about metaliferrous,they sell much more than silver. i think i looked there when you were looking for the bronze tubing.i have been buying from them for about 20 years and have never had a problem with their service.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ray if your going to make the cigar tubes you will need some tubing smaller to fit as a sleeve when closing it, a disk cutter big enough or you will have to purchase or cut out disks for the ends, and a dipping block to dome the disks for the ends.
Mike