Tau:

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
I love it, really well done, as for the other side I think a place for the name of the lucky person who gets it.I'm about 25-30 miles from you near skippack it's snowing here too,thankfully not much of that this year

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Crazy Hourse,
Wow. I'm with michaelp the initials or name of the lucky person who is going to carry that great piece of art.

Sandy
C2/5

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Well done Crazy Horse. Captured the emotion in the growl. You have no idea how huge and intimidating those fangs are until you see it up close in real life. No kitty cat that one.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Crazy Horse,

You do a wonderful job of sculpting these figures on the money clips you have shown. I have a question on your process. After you create one of these money clips do you then make a mold then duplicate them by the lost wax method? If not, it surprises me that people are willing to pay for the hours you must have in each original creation when most jewelry items are mass produced and priced accodingly. I am clearly not connected to the jewelry trade so I am not knowledgable about that market.

Thanks for sharing your work,

Roger

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
HEY HORSE: IT'S BEAUTIFUL AS IS but since you asked, maybe i'd wiggle the border and do some bold brite cut there just for an xtra touch.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
HEY HORSE: IT'S BEAUTIFUL AS IS but since you asked, maybe i'd wiggle the border and do some bold brite cut there just for an xtra touch.

Monk:

Thanks for the compliments. My head has swelled to such a degree that my hat deosn't fit any more;~)
Seriously,I may add a edge border of something very simple but I thought It might look good with some sort of a "finale" on the end. I'm not an artist. so I suppose I'll revert to one of my Dover books for inspiration.

Roger, I must take a moment to say "Thank You" so very much for publishing your engraving book. I first became interested in engraving back in the late 70's. There were very few books then. I found your book in 1980 and it was a wonderful inspiration. It it one of my "little treasures" and sits along side a signed copy of an engraving book by Jack Prudohm (Spelling;~( Jack even doodled on the box he sent it in.
To answer your molding question, no I do not, although I will be looking into having someone mold them in silver. I just have to find that person.
As you can imagine they take several hours to engrave and considerable time relieving the background, shaping and bending. They are entirely hand made as I don't use any machines. I use hand burins to do the engraving and sculpting. I do use an old Gravermeister to do the ellipse outline cuts. I enjoy being primitive.

As far as paying for my hours, well you could say that I'm pretty much giving them away for what I charge. Two professional jewlery engravers (from Philadelphia's "Jeweler's Row") have told me that if they made and engraved these clips they'd be charging at least $250. I'm selling them for considerably less than that.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x182/crazyhorseRVN/ENGRAVINGS/Clips6AUG07.jpg?t=1202907820

Last edited:

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
Crazy Horse - In my opinion I don't think that I would add some sort of border treatment to the lion. I think it would draw the eye away from the lion and make everything look to busy. I like it as is.

Mike

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi John .. you always have done some fabulous work , I just wish I had the 3d mind .. thanks for showing .. Ron p

JCP

Thanks for posting pictures of your beautiful work. I hope you don't mind but drew the first one by hand and cut it last night on an electrical box cover (cheap practice plate). I'm just an amature and your engraving is very inspirational.

Thank again.

Last edited:

JamesO

GREAT SCULPTING YOUVE DONE HERE!! DONT YOU GUYS EVEN TELL HIM ABOUT COIN CARVING OR I WILL JUST QUIT...oops did I just........DANG!!
Now go do the other BIG 4 to go with That LION!
Well Done!