Question: Taurus long barrelled revolver

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi guys, I've just had an enquiry from a chap who'd like some engraving on his new Taurus long barreled revolver. Yes, apparently you can own one legally in the UK if you have good reason and the firearms officer deems you okay to own one! Apparently they don't appeal to the scumbag criminal fraternity coz they're too big and unwieldy.

Here's the question, have any of you had any experience of cutting a Taurus? I don't know whether or not they harden them so I'd like to know what I'm possibly getting into before I give a definite "Yes," to the project.:confused:

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Might check the FEGA site they have a list of guns to stay away from, and in this site in tips, If not listed a test cut somewhere inside?. Lets us know what you find out.:thumbs up: dave

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marcus,
I can't answer the question but I do know they make blued, stainless and even titanium versions of many of the revolvers. From what I have heard, the blued ones are not a problem but don't know about the others.

ETHELBERT

Elite Cafe Member
tauras 480

I just got done engraving my 480 raging bull and it seemed to cut just fine. 45 face/15 heel.