The Grand Masters Program 2012

Andrew Biggs

I see that the 2012 Grand Masters classes have started with Alain and Alexander.

There are a couple of links that you can look at. the first is here where you can see the project that they are doing in Alains class.

The second link here is where you can see the class day by day photos. There are some familiar faces in amongst the 2 classes.

I have to say that the piece that they are doing in Alain's class looks stunning.!!!

Cheers
Andrew

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the links Andrew. Looking at the series of photos really makes me wish I was able to once again take Alains class. He is a master and a fine teacher.
Interestingly if you have noticed that Alain is making his students draw the class project prior to engraving. This once again show the importance of drawing in helping us visualize what we are engraving thus making what we engrave better.
I envy those in the class.

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Good memories

Andrew,
Seeing these new photos brings very good memories about the previous GMP 2010 weekend in Emporia. It was and still is one of the best experiences in my engravers life.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
....and you added so much to that Weekend, Hora!

So did Sabine, over from Germany. I recently received word she is now a mother! It was quite a star studded assembly that year, with many masters visiting, as well as those who were teaching the week long courses.

I do regret that circumstances prevent me from attending the social Weekend this year, however, the posted photos do give a very good sense of the Master Classes at work, and as Andrew wrote, many a familiar face, giving us an idea of just how rich the field is, that has gathered. Truly a tribute to the choice of this year's teachers. The photos are great, and I infer that GRS staff photographer, Amanda Henson, or a colleague must be documenting the experience?

I would give a lot to study photos of the emerging results. Stone setting is a bit of a mystery to me, although I can admire the results. Alain's design and execution of the work plate is jaw-dropping. It packs so much into a small area, and I can well imagine that the two week long course will be an intense period. Seeing so many heavy hitters taking the class is a tribute to Alain, to his artistry, teaching skills, calming presence, humanity, pleasant humour ... and best of all, he likes to play Scots tunes on the fiddle!

Best wishes to all involved!

Rod

Last edited: