Critique Request Tiffany money clip

markswill

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Man, I love this forum- as a novice, I liked the looks of everything, but I see where the design just continues to evolve and look better and better. Awesome group of folks here. Glad to be here with you.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Matthew

You've made a good job of it and the shading is very nice.

Some advise.........With something like this where there are only 3 scrolls and being quite large, your scrolls have to be perfect. There is nowhere to hide as they are there for all to see :)

No lumps, bumps, flat spots or looking out of balance or deformed or condensed. That is why, at the drawing transfer stage it pays to get them exactly right.

If you have a lot of scrolls then it can be more forgiving so long as 95% of them are correct then the human eye will brush over them.

Leaves can also be forgiving if there are enough of them so the good ones disguise the dodgy ones.

Think of scrolls as the framing on a house. If the frame is on a lean or out of whack, then everything else that follows on exaggerates the problem. So always be sure to get the scrolls correct and you will be just fine :)

Cheers
Andrew

Sponsors