transfer

Bob Bullard

Elite Cafe Member
When you transfer a pattern and use a sharpie or a transfer solution do you put the solution on the
the transp. or on the object you are tranferering to?
Thanks for the help
Bob

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i use an hp 5040. i found it will transfer with the sharpie or actually without. with the sharpie, though, the design wont rub off. i think my hp takes a # 92 black cartridge. i use laser transparencies. check out mike cirellis magic juice, that works good too. a tad stinky, but not too xpensive.

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all-newbe to the group here but very excited to be a member :)
I have had some good luck with transfering images to my silverwork with transparencies printed in my Epsom printer. One quick note-they need to be used right away, if they sit for very long they won't transfer. After thoroughly cleaning my metal's surface, I dab a good amount of rubbing alcohol onto the metal's surface, then place the printed side of the transparency down and press it firmly into place-making sure not to let it slide.
Burnishing works ok, but really I need to press the heck out of it with my palms as hard as I can for a little bit, and peel off carefully, pressing it back down and burnishing if some spots didn't adhere. It's hit or miss but I always wind up with a very nice transfer in the end, even if it does take several tries sometimes. The advantage here is that extremely thin lined drawings come out sharp and clear, and unlike using laser printed images transfrered with acetone, it can all be done in house without running out to the store for copies :).