transfers

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
O.K. I've done everything I know to do, etc: drivers, Black only, best, and everytime I attempt to transfer with polish remover there is color that is brought up. I have a envy 5660 that I run in single cartridge mode which is supposed to blk only. Brand new # 62 pots. The colors are green, yellow mostly......................and still no trans's on anything, with or without trans fluids. they are tw white, and white dykem which used to work great I might add. The only nest step I have left is use 100% acetone.......no finger nail polish stuff, but I gotta go get it

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
I always thought that inkjet transfers are not transferred with acetone? The laser printer transfer need the acetone, in which case I have found the 100% acetone doesn't transfer as good as the nailpolish remover.

Mind you...I don't use inkjet printers to transfer, so maybe someone who does can chip in....

papart1

I always thought that inkjet transfers are not transferred with acetone? The laser printer transfer need the acetone, in which case I have found the 100% acetone doesn't transfer as good as the nailpolish remover.

Mind you...I don't use inkjet printers to transfer, so maybe someone who does can chip in....
Oni........what additives are in the nail polish remover you use please?

T.G.III

I've only ever used a Brother laser jet printer, (have read numerous threads that they simply do not work, I have after market toner) and straight Ace Hardware acetone, otherwise I've used transfer wax or draw straight to the article.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
I've only ever used a Brother laser jet printer, (have read numerous threads that they simply do not work, I have after market toner) and straight Ace Hardware acetone, otherwise I've used transfer wax or draw straight to the article.
Both the Brother I use at work and the one at home work fine thankfully. Both on original toner cartidges aswell...but only when not using straight acetone...

rweigel

Elite Cafe Member
France (north of Alsace, close to Germany)
My brother DCP printer/copier/scanner makes no transfer at all with acetone. After many experiments with different solvents (aceton, isopropanol, artist‘s transfer fluid, lighter fluid, NC paint thinner, two kinds of brake cleaner) I read that my brother toner is wax based. That prompted my to try printing on grease-tight paper, sold as traditional sandwich wrapper. Success! It transfers beautifully onto Dammar varnish, without additional solvent. The toner can‘t penetrate the paper‘s surface and does not stick to it. And, as a positive side effect, the sandwich wrapper paper („Butterbrotpapier“ in German) is really cheap. Works much better than baking paper.

Cheers

Ralf

papart1

I have ordered a new bottle of TW juice and already have his film.................soooo we'll see if that works, it should be just absolutely ducky!!!!

rweigel

Elite Cafe Member
just three fresh examples how the "Butterbrotpapier" transfer works. I put varnish on the piece while it was still warm from hot melt glue, so the varnish layer got a little bit thicker than usual and did also stick to the paper.

The scale in the photos is divided in 1/10 mm, one can also see the 600 dpi structure of the laser printer (2.4 pt/0,1mm)

Attachments

• 20240325_205349.jpg
    20240325_205349.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240325_205513.jpg
    20240325_205513.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240325_210059.jpg
    20240325_210059.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 33

rweigel

Elite Cafe Member
The best translation I found is „greaseproof paper“. It might also be called parchment substitute or vellum subsitute. The type I use is made to wrap sandwiches, as a traditional replacement for cling film. It is made from wood-free paper pulp which was ground with so much pressure the the fibers do not absorb liquids readily. It is not waterproof, so the „potch“ method works as well.

BCan

Hello friends,

I've had good luck using Dixie brand pan liners, which I get from the bakery department at my local Walmart. The liners are unbleached (brown color) 16" x 24" (the size of a large commercial sheet pan), and the box label reads: 'Standard Release.'

By cutting the liners to 8 1/2" x 11" (or just slightly smaller) and taping them to a standard sheet of copy paper, I can feed them through without a jam.

My printer is an old heavy-duty Canon d550 Imageclass series. For the transfer, I use full strength Acetone, and the combination works well.

Also, (as a personal preference), after cleaning the metal surface, and before applying the transfer, I place a strip of 3M clear packing tape over the metal, burnish lightly, and then peel it off. This creates a slight residue on the metal which 'grabs' the toner more readily.

Latest posts

Sponsors