Question: update on image transfers (computer)

johnptc

does anybody have current information on transferring an image on a computer to metal for engraving. I understand the epson transparency film is no longer available which is referred to in many posts.

looking for materials and a process from materials that are currently available....

...laser or inkjet ....?? etc

thanks in advance for any replies

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
John.
Put in a search above for transfers and you will find a ton of information.
Also do a little looking on Sam's tutorials and in the Tips section.
I think you will find the answers to all your questions there.
Best of luck and thanks for joining us, you'll find all the help you need.

johnptc

thanks.......... it seems that since the epson film is no longer available it wasnt clear what the alternatives are.

in the mean time i ordered a few sheets of PnP Blue for PCB and will give it a try.

Andrew Biggs

Hi johnptc

Here is a previous thread about transfering with an Epson alternative at this link that SuziB52 very kindly shared with us

The brand is "Pictorico Premium OHP Transparancey film" 8.5" x 11" (20 sheets)...........this stuff is about 99% as good as the Epson. I'm using it all the time and it is totally excellent!!

Cheers
Andrew

johnptc

thanks...... i will go check it out :)

ps just ordered a box of film..........

Last edited:

spank7357

Elite Cafe Member
vermilion, ohio (on lake erie) and Inverness, Fla.
John, Welcome to the best forum of them all. Now, about that pictorio film, where did you get it from and how much $? Me? I'm still hunting for an old printer that uses toner-based ink. Some day. Glad you're with us and goooood luck. Dave "spank" Spanski

johnptc

John, Welcome to the best forum of them all. Now, about that pictorio film, where did you get it from and how much $? Me? I'm still hunting for an old printer that uses toner-based ink. Some day. Glad you're with us and goooood luck. Dave "spank" Spanski

thanks !! b h photo was about 18 for the box.