Question: Victor Engraving Ball?

Good morning. Can anyone give me any information on the Victor Engraving Ball? Would this be a good
tool for a beginner? Thanks in advance. 1941

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member

I only used a Victor which is dated 1912.... It belonged to my grandfather before me. It works just fine and have no need for any other. I engrave mostly Colt SAA's.

Hope this helps,

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
I am a beginner also and I bought a very used Victor Ball and love it. It is not all pretty and shinny but still works great, don't know how I did without it for so long after starting to engrave. The others may have a different opinion, but I truly enjoy mine.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i suspect it would depend upon how much abuse you put it thru. i use the magnablock. it serves very well for the lightest of things, but is heavy enough to take a pounding. having said that, i also used a bowling ball when i had no funds. i don't advise foolish spending, but purchasing the best, never comes back to haunt one later.jmho.

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
I have used a Victor for 35 or more years...no complaints...but I do mostly jewelry If you are going to go for rifles and such get the big one from GRS

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
1941,I have four ball vices,two are Victors one 16lb.&12lb.Over 35 years I engraved many guns on the 16lb.Victor,there well made.J.J.

leroytwohawks

Elite Cafe Member
I myself have a 1912 that came from a jeweler I know. It's 12lb and it works great for me though I have not tried to do a heavier gun, so it will depend on what you want to do, what size the ball is, and if the barrings are still in good shape. At 98 years young mine works like a champ!!!

Kevin