Help, please: What to use

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hello the group

I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

Here is a bit of backstory......

A family friend has passed away, I met him through the muzzle loading community and he taught me the craft as he knew it, had I not been building guns I'd have never had the interest to spark up the conversation with the hand engraver that I met during my initial build, the friend started a gun makers guild.

The builder was an old crusty Chief Petty Officer in the Navy, after he retired and moved here he became heavily involved in the community, he did presentations and history of the American Flag in the local schools, for the senior center, for the Lions Club, at the Library, we set up building seminars as well as live fire (blank loads) demonstrations at the county fair and the court house during 4th of July events, always in full regalia. The guild built and presented muzzle loaders to all of the local government institutions, Sheriff Dept., Police Dept., Library, County Courthouse, National Guard Unit, etc, Anything that he would let me cut on, was cut on.

Here's my question:

So, what we are wanting to do is purchase a concrete memorial bench and put a plaque on it, the plaque will be large to accommodate the lengthy inscription, my question is what would be the best material to make the plaque out of to affix to this concrete bench, I'll do the engraving and the bench will be placed at the fairgrounds and will be used.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
bronze would work. make sure it is sunken a bit into the concrete to afford comfortable seating.

Latest posts

Sponsors