Where to get??

Cody

Elite Cafe Member
So this is likely a REALLY dumb question but where is a good place to buy zippo lighters?????

Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just about any place that sells tobacco products will have them at retail. Wholesale is a bit trickier. I'd suggest doing a web search for 'Zippo wholesale' and seeing if anyone that comes up is someone you (can) do business with.

I get mine from Moteng but you may or may not qualify for an account with them.

Even at retail they're not that bad so if you can't find a wholesale source just look around on the web and find a place with good prices (if you can't find an acceptable price locally). The key is getting the right models. There are 'plain all brass' and 'plain all copper' as well as 'Armor' versions of the brass and copper (just thicker metal). You want the 'plain' versions rather than the ones stamped with the fact that they're brass / copper. You should be able to find them for about $20. That's not too bad for a gift and if you do a nice job I'm thinking you'll have no trouble getting your money back selling the lighter. ;)

Some of the members here are more than good enough to add value to the solid sterling silver version but I'm not ready to mess up an over $200 (wholesale! :eek:) piece yet.

Update: went and found my old post with the info:
Here are the Zippo model numbers I've found:
204B - Brushed Brass MSRP $21.95
254B - High Polish Brass, Plain MRSP $24.95 (the 'non-plain' has SOLID BRASS stamped into it)
161 - Brushed Copper MSRP $24.95
168 - Armor Brushed Brass MSRP $26.95 (The 'Armor' cases are much heavier and what you should choose if you want to do high-relief work, I believe).

If anyone wants them I can look up the model numbers for the Sterling Silver lighters but they MSRP around $250+

As you can see, even if you have to pay MSRP these models aren't too expensive. If you're at all good as an engraver you should be able to greatly increase the value (or at least price) of any of them. With being able to get them at dealer prices they're even affordable at my 'not quite there yet' level where I have to pick things within my current limitations.

Last edited: