Winchester model 12

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
I have a Win model 12 here that belongs to a friend, 20 ga unaltered in average used condition serial number 648 no x's just 648. We are trying to find a value for this gun. Anyone have a clue or can tell me where to find out? TIA......Owen

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Honestly, if you only want the value on one gun just go to a book store and pick up the Blue Book of Gun Values and look it up that way. If you think you'll want more info bite the bullet ( no pun intended) and buy the book, it's what everybody uses at the gun shows as a reference.

Your value will depend on condition and rarity of version such as field grade vs trap or pigeon grade. The 20 guage versions are more rare than the 12's because they made a lot less of them. I have one made in 1914 and I still shoot the dickens out of it. Mine is a basic 20 field grade, full choke not vented barrel and 50-60% blue left on it and is probably worth $400 or so.

Ultimately they're not rare as rare things go, it's just that s LOT of people like them.

Last edited:

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
qndrgnsdd,
As a collector of Model 12's and 1912's myself, I think you actually have a Model 1912.
As you know what is commonly called a Model 12 first came out as a Model 1912 in 20 gauge only.
They had a 25 1/2 inch barrel. Later they changed the name, not the gun, to Model 12.
Your serial number 648 indicates first year of production.
In reasonable, unaltered condition I would expect it to be worth over $1,000. 00 to a Winchester collector.
As Tim says, they are great little shooters as well as very collectable and yours being first year issue makes it a little more valuable.
Just my thoughts, John B.