Question: 1906 Winchester

Douglas

I need some advice or opinion on engraving a first year 1906 Winchester.
I picked up a first year 1906 Winchester for a few hundred but it was not in good shape. The original owner tried to refinish the stock and basically destroyed it so it will need replaced but left the rest of the gun alone. I had a gunsmith check it out and checked out to be in good shape, but need to be reblued.
My understanding no matter what I do to restore this gun will reduce the value because it’s not original so by engraving it should not diminish the value any worse. The sides plates are screaming to me to engrave.
Has anyone engraved 1906 Winchester before?

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Douglas,Your 1903 Winchester is a perfect candidate for engraving,when replacing the stock get some hi grade walnut to compliment your engraving.:thumbsup:J.J.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Douglas, I look forward to your project. I have one to do in the future also. If you find some nice wood for it let me know.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I have engraved on 06 rifles and they are great to do. Much can be done with this little baby and great English walnut adds. Be careful and have a good time.

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Douglas, another option for wood is a quail hunting buddy of mine out in Las Vegas. His web site is www.gunstockblanks.com. You've never heard of him but he's got more wood than you can believe, he sells to some of the big boys like Krieghoff.

Todd

Sponsors