200 mm objective equivalancy

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What would be the equivalent to an f 200 objective? F400?

I believe .5 is f 175. I'd like to know if I'm wrong on that account to.

Thanks, if anybody knows how this works.

G

Not applicable here. But fyi. I have used a 6, Or maybe it was -6 diopter as a workable objective before on an AO scope. Btw.

mrthe

Depending in the scope that you own working distance can change using a barlow in a different way usually the brand make reference table to have an idea in how much the working distance increase using a " X "lens

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I called my scope expert and he says if you want a 200mm WD on your MZ6 scope you will need an achromat objective (10446172) which lists for $940. You will also need an adapter because the above objective is for the M60 scopes and not the MZ6. The thread sizes are different. The adapter allows the current M60 lenses fit your scope. The adapter is $124 if it is still available - it has been marked for phasing out. If it is not available then you can put the objective on there, but it will take 2 different adapters. At least that is what I was able to find out. There may be a better solution, but my Leica guy did not know of it. If you want to order or have more questions e-mail me.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thank you Tira,
i was looking at a spare, which says it is running a f=200mm objective..
i 'made' my own objective for my current mz6. but would have justified the purchase if i could canibalize the objective..
appreciate the offer, and i may email you for more help , but not right away.
gwaai