2008 Olympics

Andrew Biggs

We watched the opening ceremony of the 2008 Olympics last night on the TV………….absolutely spectacular!!!!

Good luck to all the countries represented on the forum.

Cheers
Andrew

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I think there should be an Olympic Engraving category. Fastest scroll, etc.

austin

There is only some master lines of scroll,but not the Fastest scroll. haha

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Austin,
That might be a nice addition to the soldering bench, a torch to light a torch. Great opening for the Olympics
we saw last night.

Talk to ya later,
Jim

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My wife was watching the the opening ceremonies when I came into the room and the first thing I saw was the goose stepping Chinese soldiers. It reminded me too much of the 1936 Berlin olympics so I didn't watch any more.

RB

Andrew Biggs

It's an interesting the picture that Austin showed. When you look at a lot of the backdrops of the games there's a lot of scroll work to be seen.

Roger................how old are you??? 1936 Berlin Olympics!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was just reading the other day about the 1936 at the Berlin Olympic Games where Jack Lovelock from New Zealand competed in the final of the 1500 metres which he ran in 3 minutes 47.8 seconds, a new world record for the time. It was New Zealand's first Olympic gold medal in athletics. ...........and then of course there was the infamous Jesse Owens saga. Certainly a dark time in world history.

Who knows..................maybe someone will break the under 3 minute engraved scroll record!!!!!

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors